Sunday, May 03, 2009

Last month

I sadly have to introduce May, my last month in Aarhus. It's not going to be my last month this year, as I will probably return in October, but it's going to be my last Erasmus month. Even though I am not an Erasmus student here, my whole year was spent with Erasmus people, people who will leave in June and never come back, except maybe to visit me. It's funny how, again, towards the end we are getting closer and closer. I love this type of ending, because it makes the friendship continue even after. We are making plans about where we can all meet next year in Europe and make a big trip together, about how the girls can come and visit me this summer in Madrid, about how we can all come to each others homes in our own countries and live for a while and even about how we will all attend each others weddings and make them international. I decided with Edita that I will plan her wedding and she will make my wedding dress as payment :). Though we are laughing and enjoying, there is a slight feeling of sadness in everything, because at the end of every event we think about the fact that it's the last one. I really hope the knots are tight enough and we will really maintain a long lasting friendship, even if it's going to be a thousands kilometres apart friendship.

This is such a bummer because things are getting settled. Marketa started dating Diego, our apartment looks like a house finally (we made it hugelig and we even found mirrors yesterday in the basement...and now someone else will enjoy it).

Kamilla was here this week and she is a proof that people are really related to this city and we will for sure meet each other here again. It was a good week with Spanish dinner at Lina's place.

Friday it was the 1st of May, Labour Day of course, a day that is work free in most of the countries, except of course for Denmark. On the 1st of May in Denmark you have to work at least half of the day or work the whole day but get paid as if you worked a day and a half. Those are the rules and since I am a member of the Danish working class I have to obey them. This is how I worked for the first time in my working life on the 1st of May and how I missed a great trip to Samso (a beautiful island in Denmark which I have on my list for next year now). At least we went to a good, yes good, Romanian party in the kolegiet on Friday night.