Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Kiss the Cook

I never cooked before coming to Aarhus, anything...maybe fried eggs a few times and sandwiches and salads if those count as cooking. But, since I am here I somehow had to cook if I wanted to eat something warm and tasty (the food from the cantina doesn't have salt and spices, so I don't really like it). This is how I turned cooking and eating into a pleasure...and it's even visible...stains on my cloths and fat around my belly :D. I'm not the only one getting fat here, so I don't feel so bad, actually I'm one of the "not so bad" ones. Still we are lucky to have the Turkish Bazar close and eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits.

I learned to cook sour soup. It was my first cooking and a major success, the girls loved it at least and of course I liked it.

Some of my cooking and other stuff I am eating in Aarhus:

1. Meetballs in cabbage (sarmale :)

2. Kaernemelk and cornflakes (fall semester's breakfast)

3. Pancakes (tones of pancakes with marmalade, nutella, cheese, yoghurt, fruits, sugar)

4. Fried vegetables with meat

5. Kasia's dinner (French fries, meat, crème and dill)

6. Rice with vegetables

7. Pasta with vegetables

8. Backed potatoes with chicken and lots of spices

9. Pasta with meat

10. Boiled red cabbage with tomato sauce (it was a bit too salty)

11. Mucenici

12. Beouf salad (for Easter with Laura and Cata)

13. Backed aubergine with vegetables (lots of them) and moulded cheese

14. Spanish Omelette (Spanish tortilla)

15. Pasta with champignons and liquid whipped cream (our special piskeflode) and cucumbers, garlic and piskeflode salad

16. Pasta with
       a) tuna, tomato sauce, paprika, olives and corn (Marketa's recipe)
       b) bacon, tomato sauce and sun flower seeds (Laura's recipe)

17.Baclava and Turkish sweets
18.Oat, sunflower seeds and raisins (spring semester's 4 am breakfast)

19. My favourite Danish cheese

20. Karry fish salad

21. Pesto with sesame dried bread