Friday, May 08, 2009

Kapsejladsen

Mihai went home, to Bucharest, yesterday...it made me think about me going home and what it would be the first thing I'd do. I miss home... I realised now that I miss it a lot and the thought of not being there during summer makes me miss it even more. I will not go to our Mangalia summer residence :((. I miss my friends so much and I don't want to imagine loosing contact with them because of my wild thoughts about discovering the world. I miss Ana, her super fashionable self, talking about boys and clothes. I miss her calmness and her pacifistic way of seeing every situation. I miss Irina. I miss her wicked little devil tail and innocent observations...I miss her being late and unpredictable...though I got my dose of that here with Marketa as well...but still it's not the same. I miss my family and the cosiness and safety net they provide me...I miss everything and everyone.

Yesterday it was the University Festival...which is actually a good reason to start drinking from 11 in the morning and be totally wasted by 17 and continue till Sunday evening, because Friday is a religious holiday and a free day, of course. This is actually a competition between the University's departments, where groups of students have to come up with different scenes, costumes and boats for the rover and anything else to make it spectacular. It was nice...all the students in Aarhus, or most of them, must have been there...and it wasn't really about the competition as it was about hanging out and again, drinking. The weather was super shitty, but better than the last days. The rain wasn't so hard, but the wind was strong. I am wearing my winter jacket and gloves in Aarhus in May. My department had a breakfast before the competition, so I went there straight from work and ended up getting home late in the evening. We stayed of course with our uber Spanish friends, who started telling me about how great my friends in Romania are and how much they enjoyed when we met :). I guess they pushed the button to the end by saying these things...I have so many mixed feelings...I don't want Aarhus to finish, but I want Bucharest here and now...ah...