Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ISS Facility Services

About four months ago, in February, I went job haunting with Maketa and managed to find a cleaning job. Now, the semester is ending, we are getting ready to go home and soon work will also finish. Marketa had her last day today, but I still have 2 weeks and a half...I guess I am more hardcore. Even if I can't wait to stop waking up at 4 in the morning from Monday to Friday, I think I will miss it. Our supervisors, Susanne and Henrik are super nice and care about us a lot. They are always open to talking about issues that come up. Henrik enriched my knowledge about the Danish culture, he is very talkative and he comes almost every morning...he's just talking to me and following me...and I don't mind, though it was a bit strange in the beginning. This job made us heroes among my classmates and our friends, because they thought I would quit after 1 month...and to their surprise we kept going...a thing most of them admitted they would not do. Even the people working in that place got used to us, and ask us about school and stuff. I am definitely going to miss it. They promised me to get the job back when I come back in October, but I was thinking and talking yesterday to Marketa, and I think five months of this are enough…I feel a bit like moving on…I don’t know where…but I need something new again…something that would allow me to live on my own and bring me more professional satisfactions. I would not do this for my whole life, I don't know how Susanne and Henrik manage. The pay is good...but it's cleaning.

So...the ISS girls strike every morning in offices, toilets and kitchens :P