Thursday, December 11, 2008

My ride

Because I am so good at procrastinating, instead of starting to do the accounting things I MUST LEARN FOR MY EXAM ON MONDAY, I will just write something here. Usually when I try to stall time and not do what I have to do, I do my nails, take a shower, vacuum or randomly clean my room (and if my room is clean I will just clean other rooms - like the kitchen, the kitchen is always dirty), go shopping for something/anything...brush my teeth a hundred times a day if this helps me not do what I am suppose to do...and other similar things. This procrastination thing became so popular...I didn't actually know they had another word in English, a more sophisticated one, that describes being lazy. I have no idea how to translate this word in Romanian.

Anyway...I decided to write something about my ride - my bike. I was thinking that going home will also mean not having to ride it for one month. As much as I am excited about going by bus and other transportation methods that rely on motors, it is going to be weird. I developed a special relation with my bike. I named it and I take care of it. And I even helped it make some friends. Last night, when we left Lina's house, my poor bike was frozen, but it never looked so beautiful. The frozen black paint shined so nice...I felt like in a fairytale while riding it. Also my bike never let me down. It never broke...it has some problems with the hand brakes, but that's because I have to change them (probably in spring). I can always rely on it...I don't have to think about when the last bus is coming, because I can just take my bike at anytime and ride home. It's a lot like a car...but better...you breath some fresh air, you exercise, you can interact with the environment around you and you have a lot of time on your own to think about anything, you also park it and put it in the garage (aka the basement) when it's cold and raining, because you don't want it to rust. I did have two accidents with it but nothing serious. I also like how I can add all sort of accessories to it - seat cover, basket, helmet  lights (white light for the front, red light for the back) and I've seen a lot of people putting artificial flowers around the basket so that it looks nicer. In spring I am going to make a photo album of Aarhus bikes.

I wonder if Bucharest is ever going to have bicycles.

Still I hope I'll get my driver's licence this summer...this is definetly on my resolution's list.