Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sweet November

November is here. The holiday is over. Halloween is gone. School started again. Time seems to pass faster. Mara said she feels that the days pass really slow, maybe this is because she went home and now she only thinks about going back. In December she will finish her Erasmus semester and she will not be coming back again for spring. I will miss her and I really hope somebody nice will come in her place. I will have her room starting January, so I will have to give up my little sanctuary and build another one. But it isn't going to be as difficult as it was with this one, because I already now the house and my things are pretty much in order. Even if I don't have a very social, active life here I like the silence and peace I get every time I look out the window in the morning. We have bicycles, sauna and a really nice running place - a lot of little relaxation spots. I guess this is what I will miss most about Aarhus...the ability to clear my mind everyday by doing pleasant things.

November didn't start as bad as the period of the year announces it. It isn't very cold - or at least it isn't raining anymore. The rain stopped these days and the winter cold stepped in. This morning when I woke up everything was white. It wasn't snow, because from what I heard it doesn't really snow here...it was frost...winter frost. The grass is still green so the feeling of life still exists. If this is how winter will be here it will be even more difficult to leave it behind and turn it into a memory.

I'm happy because this week I didn't really have school. I had a free Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...which means a long weekend. Still I had to make my essay for Hagen (International History)...but it wasn't such a pain. I hope this is how the second half of the semester will be. I'm thinking about going home but this thought always makes me look with fear at the exam period :D. I found out that my last exam will be on my last day before winter holiday. In one way I am glad I will really forget about all these things once I get on the plane but on the other hand I will not have time to enjoy my last winter days in Aarhus.

I personalized my room a bit to give it a warmer feeling. I built a little picture out of postcards. My own masterpiece.