Sunday, November 09, 2008

Another week in Aarhus

This was maybe one of my busiest weeks in Aarhus since I arrived. I didn't have an unusual rhythm...I actually didn't have an unusual rhythm....I had the rhythm from home - leave in the morning return in the evening. I haven't done this since I left and it felt really good to change the speed of the passage of days.

On Monday, I didn't have classes so I had to replace school with something, since here you have to do something if you don't want to get buried in depression - not because you might be thinking about home all the time because this is a bit past tense, but because it's dark all day long and if the nature isn't happy than like all human beings getting influenced by the environment they live in - you are not happy. So we decided to go to the swimming pool. We discovered a swimming pool in the Pedagogies School. Kamila learns there and she told us about it. We aren't basically allowed there because we aren't students there but we went anyway. Like all other things - it was extremely clean. The pool isn't very big but big enough to get some exercise in it. I felt good going back in water, especially since I was thinking about summer the past days.

On Tuesday I had classes with Hagen. I also had to present my essay after class, so I had to stay a bit later in school. This was my last essay for his class, I still have a presentation and my class essay. I remember that a few weeks ago I used to think of this month as being so far and exams felt like they were never to come...but now I get a bit scared as it getting closer to an end. In the evening we went to StudeternHus...I don't know why we did it actually because nothing special was going on. I guess we just needed to get out of the house I do something...though every time we go there we don't do anything but drink a glass of bier and play fuss ball. We also drank tequila but it wasn't so great so...

Wednesday was usually a no school day, but because we didn't have law in Monday, Mathew asked us to come on Wednesday at 9 in the morning. This was a difficult task as it was the first time in a lot of months I left home for school so early. The dark and cold outside pushed me towards my bed for a few more hours of sleep, but I had to go. I didn't stay till the end of the class because I decided to join the girls to the swimming poll again. Today it was better because we were alone in the pool and we had enough space to do anything we wanted. We ate at the canteen they have there...which is really good...a bit better than ours and a bit cheaper.

Thursday was an all day school day. I started at 8 in the morning and finished at 8 in the evening. I had three classes (law, accounting and Diaspora’s). The first two were a bit difficult because I had to absorb the information and try to store it so I can make my life easier during the exam period. In Diaspora’s it was the movie session part of the movie. Again we saw something about Hindu Diaspora in US. The movie's name is Namesake and it was probably the best from what we've seen before because it was made in a very American way. The movie is about shifts and changes we all go through not just a diasporas person and how they are reflected in our name and nicknames. There is also a novel with this story as I understood from Uwe...so it might be interesting to read it. I think that after I finish school, before going home I will take some books from our 17th floors State library. We also wanted to go to sauna today...as this is our health schedule....but it's broken....maybe next week.

Friday came and so the weekend began. I had classes in the morning, but this is my favorite day in school so I'm not going to complain about anything. I also decided on my essay for this class and it's going to bit related to something at home - this is in some way also the begging of my path towards tolerance and understanding. Still the morning didn't start so well because I fell with my bike on the way. This time it was a bit worse than last time because I was in the middle of the street and while I was falling I was only thinking about the cars that might have come. But I was lucky. Not only my knee was harmed but my boots got scratched and the basket on my bike bended and I had to take it off when I got home. After school I went to the Psychology Department to eat cake with the girls. We also played some fuss ball because we didn't want to go home so early. Vento came to visit today...he didn't want me to pick him from the train station so I waited at home. We tried finding a bike for him, an abandoned bike, but we didn't succeed. I was a bit worried because I got lost when I walked form the train station the last time but he managed and surprisingly he was very fast. After we ate some Romanian cheese and goods he brought me, we went to StudenternHus. There was supposed to be a concert there. It was also J day...so we had to go out. J day is some sort of national holiday when they release the Christmas Brew Tuborg bier. At 20:59 the whole city was jingling and cars with Santa clause girls and bier started going through the city. The concert sucked so we decided to go home. We had to walk but it was nice because we go to go through the city, J day had everybody out of the houses and the streets were so crowded and nobody caret about the cold and the late hour in the night. It was beautiful and it was just like I live it....lots of people. Mara came home with us so we didn't go to bed when we got home. We stayed in the kitchen and we had till early morning philosophical talks about robots, knowledge, human kind, planets, nature and the flash. The flash was defined as the thing that makes is different, the thing - maybe idea would be a better word - that comes from nowhere and helps us evolve. The question is: where does the flash come from!? :))

Saturday was a hang over day...though I didn't really drink. I went with Vento through the city to show him around. In secret this was also a way for me to get lost in the city as I've never done this by foot. I discovered some really nice places and I hope I'll get a camera and go again to take some pictures. I like it here more and more and I'm going to miss all these images I try to cast in my mind. But there's a difference between having them there and not being able to share them the proper way. It's boring to try to describe them and I could never do it the proper way, because an image cannot be put in words, at least I can't do that. Today it was also my mother's birthday and I got to talk a bit with them on the internet, They were celebrating as usual. I miss them so much and I know they miss me too. When I go home I want to get bored with them and stay with them as much as possible. In the evening we wanted to go to an Illegal Art thing not far from the place I live. But we were a bit tired and it was to cold and dark to get out of the house again...so we decided not to. Also the girls had other plans, though at least with Marketa I was suppose to have the same plans but as usual she changed her mind. We stayed home and watched some episodes of Mad about you...till I felt asleep.

Sunday, that is today...it's raining. I don't know what we can do...we wanted to go to the beach, but I think that's out of the picture. I guess we will stay home, eat, watch some more of Mad about you and maybe read something. Update: but in the evening the rain stopped so we went to Lina's house. We saw a movie - My Big Fat Greek Wedding - ate popcorn and had a little dinner. So it wasn't a boring day after all but a nice way to end an active week. Tomorrow we're going to the swimming poll again and I guess this is how my time will pass from now on here. After two months, things finally started to settle down.