Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cultural drinking scheme

This week the Aarhus Film Festival was at the Paradise cinema - Aarhus FilmFestival - Insight Outsight 13-16 nov. It was low budget, almost free entrance as we only paid 7 kr and went to 7 different short movies collections or documentaries. Some were boring, some were scary, some were intriguing and some gave me headaches...but it was a nice way to spend the week.

Some of the movies we saw can actualy be found on Youtube...but I guess you have to know what to search for.

Vision - The Apology Line - UK 2007

Vision - My mother learns cinema - Turkey 2007

Sight - Procrastination - UK 2007

Sight - Madame Tutli Putli - Canada 2008


Go West - Office Noise - 2008

Change - Recipes for Disaster - Finland 2008

Speech - Citizen Havel - Czech Republic 2008

Activism - The Dictator Hunter - Holland 2007

Other than that we went to the swimming poll on Monday and some fussball in the Pshychology Department on Friday, after which...

...we had a party at Lina's house...I'm some how sorry that some of the people I live with now are going to leave next semester because I sort of started to befriend them and we get along pretty well and we started doing stuff together. Everybody is extremely friendly and you can actually learn a lot of stuff just by talking...maybe it was just the alcohol...or I don't know.

On Sunday we were a bit tired though we still went to the Film festival. In the morning, we went to buy some food from Bazar West and try to figure out what should I make as traditional Romanian food for this Friday's Christmas Party...which I guess I'm looking forward to. The diversity of foods and colours always cheer me up when I'm going there.

This week I also read a great book - The Boy in Striped Pyjamas. It's the kind of book you cannot put down once you start it. It's sad and depressing  but it's written in a simple  playful manner. I heard that there's a movie on it too...I would like to see it..I think I would cry at the movie, because picturing the images it describes is a lot different than when somebody actually puts them on screen.


At home Bianca found a dog. She took it in the house and we wanted to keep her because she was very sweet. Unfortunately she was too playful and full of life and when nobody was home and she got bored she started distorting some things around the house. So this week we had the quest of finding an owner which in the end we did.