Friday, March 08, 2013

Sometimes saying nothing says everything

"Sometimes saying nothing says everything..." could be my new motto. If I was to learn anything from Dale Carnegie's teachings it would be the fact that it's better to silence yourself willingly than damage yourself by opening your mouth. I've opened my mouth to bitterness one too many times, so I decided to take a step back, and unless I have something interesting to say than it's just better to listen. People will not consider you stupid if you don't open your mouth to random words that make you seam smart...I am sure that it would be the other way around.

At the same time, I realised how important it is to always stay true to yourself (at least) and not accept those that damage you...even if it leads to a lonely life. Sometimes loneliness is healthier than a life full of people that damage your self-esteem while feeding their sneaky egos. But never worry about loneliness, if you have the right attitude towards life, and you keep yourself real and grounded, you will never encounter it.

The more I know myself and the more I interact with people, the more I realise that my values get stronger. I am a grudge holder, I admit that...especially towards people whom I respected at some point in my life, tried to help and was there for them (even if sometimes not the way they wanted me to)...and this also extends to those who hurt my family or my friends. All that comes from my injustice wound - L. Bourbeau's theory says that to hide my wound I wear the mask of rigidity...which makes perfect sense.

A lot of things make sense once you discover your wound and your mask...for example I take my love for animals and involvement in animal protection campaigns as a manifestation of my injustice wound focused towards those that can't speak and express their pain and frustrations. Same goes towards people, especially children, with mental disabilities...

Everybody is so keen with this "personal development" thing. It sounds so cool and interesting, it makes it sound like your elevating yourself and becoming a wise monk...but it's done wrong by so many people. When you just add layers you will end up with a big piece of crap...I'm interested in most of these theories and the science as a whole, but I'm only interested in discovering myself...yes, discovering not changing.

So yes, I proudly admit that I am a very honest grudge holder with who you should not be surprised if one day you no longer speak to or see :) I accept my rigidity mask and embrace it...but will willingly speak less and listen more!