Thursday, December 09, 2010

Turn the page

Tomorrow is my last day of internship at the US Embassy. I started it out of curiosity and the need to learn new stuff. I hate having spare time and doing nothing, when there are so many things to do and people to discover in this world. I have to admit that after this month and a half of being an intern and employee, I am tired and I need a break. I'll get it at the end of next week...a well deserved trip to Milan.

This was a full week. Monday was the Intercontinental event I helped organize and I met the Ambassador, mr. Mark Gintestein. Not only did I meet him, but I shook hands with him and had a little chat. I could feel the blood rushing in my cheeks, but I stood brave. It was a great experience, and not just because he's an authority in my eyes. Keith praised me and that made me melt....I definitely have to work on my skills in this area. I realized that I hate it when people say good things about me to people who don't actually know me. Olivia would say that this is the "know it all" and "perfectionist" in me who feels the need to prove itself.

The whole internship was a great experience...I attended so many events, learned how to do a professional sector market research and organize an Embassy event. I am so happy I took it. I did not get an employment offer or something, because the internship is not about this, but I am sure that I'll get recommended.

It was a good week at work as well. I love my job in general, and I said it a hundred times already.

PS ...this is a very agitated December and I hate it, because I feel that the year is ending and I don't even know when. It's already middle December and I still have to do so many things before the end of the year and I don't have time. And there's no snow yet....this year I'll mark the first day of snow (probably tomorrow).