Sunday, November 07, 2010

My Sun(ny)day

Strange enough, while the weekdays are extremely cold, the weekends are super shiny. As the girls said, the dogs from the association must have their little paws crossed the whole week and pray for a shiny weekend, so they can get adopted and visited at the shelter by lots of people.

I started going to the shelter again, since the cold came. Though I've been there before at the beginning of the year, I skipped during summer. Now, when I went back, I really felt like crying...it was a mix of excitement and happiness to see the dogs again and the sadness of seeing them THERE. It's obvious that for some of them the hope for adoption doesn't exist....and they might spend their whole dog life in that field. At the same time, a whole new row of pens has been build which means that their numbers grew.

Today was one of those Sundays...beautiful weather, lots of people and happy tails. We fed them, cleaned the pens, cleaned around the pens, changed their water, fixed some of the doghouses and loved them. They seamed the happiest creatures on earth. I love to see them happy...especially when I know their sad stories.

I am super tired, but very content for sharing a bit of my time and heart in a worth-full way.