Monday, July 27, 2009

Galicia

My first exit from Madrid since I arrived was this weekend in Galicia. We left on Friday afternoon, after Alex picked me up from work. It took us almost 2 hours to get out of Madrid, because everybody is leaving on Friday. So, all in all the road took us 6 hours...it was awful.

First stop: Cortegada
Andre's home to be exact…a small Spanish village, where, just like in Romania, everybody knows everybody. The area has a beautiful landscape, it's surrounded by mountains and the houses in the village bear the mark of history. This weekend was the days of Galicia, so the village was wearing celebration clothes. This is a good time for family meetings and partying together. And so it was. On Friday after we arrived, we had dinner with his sisters and then we went out. The club/bar where we went was pretty good and the people wonderful to observe. I stayed mostly with Andre's younger sister...and I spoke Spanish :D...We...or at least I...didn't drink a lot, but we stayed up till 8 in the morning, so the next day I felt completely wasted. It was the day when I had to move to Alex...but only after eating a huge launch with Andre's family. I thought the food would never end...it was delicious, but way too much for me. I had to get back to my senses for my next city...and so I did...for a while.

Next stop: Verin

Verin~Alex's home. Still in Galicia, but this time in a city. The city reminded me a bit of Aarhus, in size and maybe the atmosphere of the Festival. There was a water fight festival and we had our huge water guns, which we forts tried on the streets of Madrid on Thursday evening. I went from leaving with 2 boys to leaving with 5...which definitely raised the fun level of the day. The festival was great and at the end I was completely wet and cold. I had so much fun that for a few hours I forgot about how tired I was. But the evening it all came back...and I didn't manage to stay up later than 4 a.m. I slept for 10 hours...from 4 am till half past 2 pm, with a small break when Alex’s brother came to sleep next to me. On Sunday I was fresh, while the others were zombies...but the road back home killed me...6 hours in the car again...
People definitely love colours in Spain...and so they like to colour their life and make it a tiny rainbow. They enjoy everything they do and when they have fun nothing else matters. I am truly jealous for not being raised with the same spirit, because I love the rhythm life has here...and I have to admit, even the Danes had different festival where people were out on the streets.

Sad news from home, as it was happening when I was in Denmark. Ana had an accident in Greece and she's been in the hospital for a while and she will have to be there a bit longer. These things cannot be predicted and unfortunately they happen. I had a dream of her on Saturday...so the news today really struck me. I hope she's going to be ok.