Friday, April 17, 2009

Double Easter in 2009

Catholic Easter:

Because in Denmark they don't have egg paint, we had to follow traditions and colour eggs with onion leaves. It worked (to my surprise because I never did this)!In Denmark, Easter is only symbolicaly celebrated. Only children paint eggs, with acrylics  This is because, as Henry, my work supervisor said, you don't get anything for Easter...he said "give a Dane money or presents and he will celebrate whatever you want"...but this came from the mouth of an atheist, so I don't know if I should take it as it is or not...fake and superficial maybe, or just pragmatic nation...judge it as you may. But since I live with Czechs, I had a fast, but nice Catholic Easter...because they respect traditions, and even if Easter is more like a celebration of spring...they celebrate it similar to Orthodox.

Orthodox Easter:
Friday
- lunch at the beach...on the molo in the sea (no words can describe this) and our favourite shopping (Marketa is so bad in buying shoes, I can't believe she's complaining about my habits of long shopping, when it took her 1 hour to decide for a pair of shoes she didn't finally buy - she bought another one in the end :P)!!

Sunday
Marketa went to Barcelona this morning. So...I am home alone again. I am too lazy to go to church or even out shopping for food, even if the sun is inviting. I will stay home, watch a movie and start my essays...and other school stuff. I would like to finish my first 2 essays before Wednesday, when Marketa returns, so that we can enjoy the weather by going out everyday...eating at the beach, reading along the Aarhus river and running around Brabrand lake. At home everyone is meeting and spendig time with their family...that's how it always is. Food, gifts, talking and maybe going out...tht would've been my day today if I was in Bucharest. My fist Easter and major holiday away from home. More to follow, I am sure...but at least I will aprecite it more that before when I will be there :).