Friday, September 21, 2007

Animal Cruelty

Yesterday I was shocked by they case of a kitty, killed in Bucharest by some teenagers. I cannot believe the world I'm living in. I'm tired of stray animals....I'm tired of seeing them suffer because of the stupidity of people. Why is this happening when it's not necessary? I couldn't sleep all night because I only thought about the poor kitty...I know this sounds crazy but it was if I could feel her pain, especially because I saw the movie the stupid kids have taken, where she was helplessly crying for help.

So today I wrote PETA and told them everything, even though I'm sure they know about the situation here in Romania. I don't know why, but knowing that they are like The Thing when it comes to animal cruelty cases, I hoped for a positive response. But instead I was very disappointed when I got the reply. They said they don't have enough staff in Europe and projects to deal with the problems of every country and they recommended me to check out a website with different Romanian animal organisations. I did that, but I think they didn't check the list themselves in a while, because some of the organizations don't exist anymore. Out of 20 or 30 only 5 to 10 still help animals here in Romania. This is a small number for a country with such a big problem.

Till then, I just signed this petition through which I agree with an Animal Police in Romania:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/384591711

You can sign it too!