Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My civic spirit prevailed

In June last year I tried acting like a responsible citizen of Romania. Long story short I tried to convince authorities to come and clean a piece of land in front of my parents flat house.

http://serendipitous-doll.blogspot.ro/2011/06/lulu-acting-responsible-towards-garbage.html

One year later and it's been done. They identified the owner of the land and made him clean it. I was super surprised when I went home this Monday to see all the garbage picked up and well as the bushes trimmed.

Now this is one small step because this was just in front of our flat house. Similar pieces of land are surrounding this place and hopefully they will manage to force the other owners to clean them. I also hope that this isn't just a one time thing and they will pursue in the future, maybe not just but threatening the owner, but also fining the ones who are throwing garbage there.