Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bangkok classical nights

After a shocking experience yesterday at Pat Pong street market, today we had a sip of the classy part of Bangkok's night life.

First things first...the conference was great. We had two young and talented key speakers that did a great presentation on social media/ social market and the need for a shift in the industry's paradigm. Tomorrow I will have my last and final presentation...Chris did it for me today, I just assisted here and there...too lazy...the garden in the second photo is the mini jungle I was talking about. Today I saw a squirrel while someone was presenting...my attention span suffered for a few minutes :)

After the meeting, we went to a great restaurant for dinner - Baan Khanitha - with a Hello Kitty bus :). We only had Thai food, which I must say is very strange. I ate a lot...really did, but I still felt hungry...For aperitif we had some sweet sauce and peanuts and other stuff rolled in a leaf...I have no idea what they are called...and of course rice and curry chicken and curry pork (or at least I hope it was pork)...and some spicy stuff...yeah, not a big fan I must say....

Of course we had to do something else, so we went to Red Sky restaurant. This is a classy must see in Bangkok situated at the 55th floor of a building. You can really see the city from above while listening to nice piano/ live music...

Bangkok continues to amaze me. On Friday it was our last day at this year's conference. This has been so interesting and fun that time simply went by. I will so very miss them...next year we have IESF's 10th anniversary and it's Europe's turn to host the meeting...in Milano. Till then though I have a Regional to do in Tel Aviv...another new city for me and another great experience to come!

It has been decided by everybody that for my own safety they would pay for my hotel during the weekend, so on Friday I checked out and checked in again after about 2 hours. So, I am not alone here this time :) 

That's why after the meeting we went to a Thai Massage. That was a first for me...a painful first. The girl doing the massage was about my size...and just about as bony as I am. So imagine my elbows pressing on you finest nerves. Just when I was about to relax a painful move followed...I went from a love to a hate and full of bloody wishes relationship with that girl from one moment to the other. But the place was really neat and at the end I really meant the "thank you". 

The rest of the night was just a mega spicy dinner at Maha Naga where we went again with our Hello Kitty bus :)