Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Interning

Here I am, an inter again. Why? I might be mentally deranged, but this internship is actually the closest to the answer "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?". It has a lot to do with what I like, what I learned in school and my work experience till now...not to mention it's US related.

I am an intern for the US Commercial Service. I am very scared and paranoid about reveling information due to the security interview I had to go through, and that's such a pitty, because it is the coolest place ever. I wanted to go there because lately I wasn't feeling so much "out there", and I needed to resuscitate my social life. I went there to meet people I guess. The acceptance process took a long time, but it was worth it. The new morning "job" will end on the 10th of December...and this first week it blended pretty well with my afternoon job.

I'm glad that I can compare the atmosphere and the work done at the US CS with the one from the Romanian Embassy/Consulate in Spain (in both places I was an intern and worked with specially trained Romanians). All I can say is that, sadly Romania is extremely far from the world of the big ones.

Ah yes...this week I had my job birthday - I'm a 3 years old official/state registered working class hero and I've been in the best office ever for the past year. Time flies...