Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Twinkly, twinkle, little star

A lot of people have been wondering about the meaning of my star tattoo. I usually say "...well I made it in the USA, you know...stars, freedom!?" I'm not lying when I'm saying that. USA represents a dream for me and I do associate it with my way to freedom, my star, the one that everybody has.

A better explanation to my tattoo can actually be found in what it really represents - constellations. I am not a religious person, actually I don't really believe in a higher entity a.k.a God. I do believe in infinity, the infinity of the universe and the infinity of essence. The guardian of my sign is planet Venus. Venus has a funny trajectory, reaching five points. Those five points represent the peaks of a pentagon - the kind of star I have on my neck. The pentagon represents a person, human. My tattoo reminds me that I am a nothing but a person born under a star. I am not infinity in shape, body - I am infinity in essence, soul. Venus is still the brightest star we can see during the night.