Saturday, September 20, 2008

20th - Discovering

I'm starting to discover a lot of intersting stuff. I guess life is full of surprises when you stay and listen and you don't try to get involved as much as possible. I was saying that I don't feel like socializing and I still have that mood...but to fool it and start living in Aarhus I've decided to substitute socializing with knowing. This week I tried some things I was to afraid to do before...eat stuff, do stuff...and what to you know I feel more relaxed and experienced already :)

Yesterday a classmate (a Danish classmate) invited me over to his house because he was meeting some other old friends too. I was enthusiastic when he told me....but then, as the moment got closer I was becoming sceptical and scared. I was thinking about inventing a good excuse not to go...This isn't my natural state so I was feeling weird to have this inner fight. I decided to go because I was bored of cooking, eating, reading and surfing on the Internet. People and communication can not be substituted in this way. I decide that this was going to be a gathering knowledge moment more than a social one. I'm saying this because the other people invited were from Guatemala and Chile. They were going to speak Spanish (which is good practice for me). So I went there with the idea of becoming more international...but also seeing how people have fun here?!After a vegetarian dinner (everybody here is vegetarian and loves to exercise) = healthy but not extremely tasty food...I was thinking that it will all turn up in a boring where are you from...how is your country...thing. But we started having this movie like evening - games, laughing, drinking. I had a lot of fun...and I loved the games we played. Foolish childish games that relax you but also make you think while having fun. I always liked this but I never did it with my friends at home...everybody (I think) would find this a stupid idea. I don't know, we prefer smoking and talking about people...I felt very international especially because we were speaking in Spanish, Danish and English.

And I found some movies I really want to see when I get home: Network (1976) and Once (a Czech movie Marketa told me about)...I think I should become more open and learn more stuff about different cultures - this whole international experience is overwhelming and I should let my guard down and become more receptive.