Sunday, September 14, 2008

14th - Going around corners

I will not talk about school because there is no need. It's interesting and I recommend everyone the experience of learning something with non-Romanian teachers.

I didn't do anything really exciting because I'm not in a very socializing mood. I avoid parties and I keep everything strictly related to school - study group meetings and book exchanges. I met a lot of people but I don't feel the need to have fun. Though I got closer to my apartment mates. Today we had our first breakfast together because usually we make something and eat it in our rooms :).

Saturday - that is yesterday I had a really interesting experience. My cousin - Crina - got married. Of course I wasn't there to be with her in this important moment and I really regret this. I don't think she will get married again so I missed my only opportunity to see her as a bride and kiss her. But internet does wonders again, what would we be without it. I got to see a part of the action on web cam. I was there with them through the computer and I was able to see her beautiful wedding dress. Thank you internet for allowing me to be there even when I am not. I hope that soon they will invent holograms or teleportation to make things even easier. It was a really interesting experience. I would prefer being there but this would do considering the distance.

Today I went with Marketa and Mara to this Bazar Vest thing. As I was telling you before I live in a Arab neighborhood, so this is their bazar. I passed their ghetto which is looks to me a lot like seaside cheap motels surrounded by a wire fence. I don't understand the need of the fence but there has to be something...it's probably a way to limit and make the difference between immigrants and the rest of the population. Anyway the Bazar was really nice. I found Turkish gum and kebab and baclava and a lot of teas and good bread and fresh vegetables and fruit. While I was looking around a heard a man talking into a really bad Romanian and I was surprised to hear somebody talk Romanian in an Arabic Bazar in Denmark so I turned and I saw this old Arab speaking to his wife (Romanian woman). All that went on in my mind was the surprising mix and I was trying to explain myself that this is what a cultural mix means - a Arab and a Romanian buying things in an Arab Bazar and speaking Romanian somewhere in Aarhus, Denmark. I think I will experience a lot of these things while I will be here - and it's great because this gives me a great understanding of what I am actually learning.

I'm stating to look for an internship somewhere in Romania - I hope it's going to be a 6 months one so that I don't have to return :D...but stay at home and make plans. I miss everybody but this internet thing I'm using gives me a sense of closeness to everything not physicaly but emotionally. I can still have my sex and the city talks with Ana and Irina, I can still argue with Bianca, I can still talk to mami and tati about things and ask for advises.

I hope that one morning i will wake up and slap myself really hard to realize that this isn't bad and I should get out of this antisocial thing I'm in because it's not helping and will definitely not help me build anything.